Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 4: Clear

Distribution channels are very clear to me. I can understand it in terms of my work history in retail, by understanding how many of our goods came from multiple sources in a direct distribution channel. Furthermore, I can understand it through my observations of my step-father's business Amedank Holdings, which in its current state is a auditing and weatherization (in conjunction with The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) enables low-income families to permanently reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient services provider; however, originally it was a distribution company that collected goods from multiple "green" companies and sold them through a web site. Finally, the products were shipped from their home.

In both cases we are dealing with the final firms of a distribution channel; however, the products supplied came from multiple sources  --and especially in the case of my step-father's company-- and often products came through a chain of multiple firms.
Copyright All rights reserved by johanvm

No comments:

Post a Comment